Tuesday, January 27, 2009

R.I.P. Karate Monkey

So I made a tough decision yesterday and ended up selling the Karate Monkey frame and fork...it'll all work out though because I sold it to my co-worker Mr. Sean Gallup. As it turns out the KMX will be built up and see the light of day, just with different components and under new ownership...but honestly it could not have been sold to a more solid dude. In the meantime, the funds have been transformed into desperately needed components to finish the Scalpel, finally! I will get some pictures of the Franken-Scalpel up when the monster comes to life...hopefully by this weekend so it can get in the FAST picture I think we are taking. Until then the trusty Volpe will prevail!

On a side note: This years Bianchi San Jose (same frame as the Volpe, but a flip flop hub) now has disc brake mounts which is pretty cool...the only reason I mention anything about the San Jose is because it is so F'ing nice (and its fresh in my mind because I built a 52cm today)

No comments: