Sunday, March 14, 2010

Commuter Style


For a while now I have only had one, yes one, bike. In an attempt to build up a spectacular mountain slaying machine, I aborted the other bikes that I owned and built up a Turner RFX. In recent news, I have found myself a nice little rig by the name of Country Road Bob. CRB (as I will call him from now on) is a single speed 'cross / commuter / do-it-all rig that the fine people at Van Dessel manufacture. I have been so lucky as to find myself a CRB that does NOT have the goofy ass "s-shaped" down tube...which in my humble opinion looks like a bicycle that did not heed the warnings and decided to keep living on Three Mile Island. All in all, this thing will be stiff as Skeeters Peter (yeah, a Cheech and Chong reference) after I give it the little bit of love that it deserves. Looks like I will NOT have to borrow a bike for LBL after all. Carry on.

No comments: