Friday, April 10, 2009

Takin' Shots

So as I made my daily commute to the shop this morning I was struck by a passing vehicle on Cliff Avenue just hardly south of Avera McKennan. I was minding my own business roughly a block or so from work when a passer bys side view mirror hit me in the left shoulder. I did NOT go down somehow, but to add insult to injury the clown in his cage decided that he had better flip me off and honk at me while simultaneously riding the curb all the way to 26th street. By this time I am beside myself pissed and started cranking away trying to catch this car at the red light....as it turns out the gods must have been smiling at this guy and turned the light green. I'm not exactly sure what I would have done had I caught this magnificent specimen of jackassery but I'm sure it would not have been pretty. I claim to be no tough guy but c'mon....almost running someone down on the street and then flipping off and honking at them?!? Keep an eye peeled for a white chevy something or other with a Wisconsin plate...

5 comments:

Road Legs said...

I am glad you are ok

HotWater said...

sweet f*cking jeebus....am glad you're alright.
even though I think the SFPD are a bunch of a jackholes, report it. write a letter to the Argus Leader too.

thE_kErnEl said...

Glad you're OK. Please consider reporting it.

CoalesceKid said...

THanks guys, I am glad I walked (I mean pedaled) away from it unscathed...LUCK! I should report this AND buy a powerball ticket!

DIRK said...

Good to hear you are OK. I'd report it. Similar to the story a week or two ago about the cyclist that was almost run over by someone in a black truck. They yelled and laughed at the rider they knocked down.