Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lee Majors

Today was my day to have the busted ass ankle that I own fixed. Check in time was 9:45 am at the Sanford Surgical Tower, which led to an IV and some TV watching. At roughly 11:30 I was wheeled into the operating room and I hopped up onto the table with youthful abandon. The next couple of minutes were the strange ones. An anesthetist explained how a drug to make me drowsy was coursing through my veins as we spoke and as the mask pumping pure O2 was put over my mouth I was told to take in a few deep breaths. It only took two breaths for my face to start tingling and in an attempt to be a complete smart ass I attempted to give the ol' Borat two thumbs up and say "nicey nice"....I'm pretty sure I managed to get out "ni.......". The cool and/or goofy thing about being put under is how you manage to lose so much time...I mean, one second I'm on the table and it seems like 3 seconds later I am in Recovery talking stupid to the wall....when in all actuality its been over an hour and I have what looks like a caterpillar for a leg. All in all, with all of the new additions to my ankle area you all might as well start calling me Col. Steve Austin.

2 comments:

HotWater said...

haha, glad to hear you at least got some good drugs out of the deal.

bummer on the foo-bar ankle though. at least its january and not july :\

CoalesceKid said...

No doubt C man, I would be a much angrier individual had this happened in spring or summer. Hydrocodone and Tramadol are my new roommates for a couple days anyway!