Thursday, May 21, 2009

Never Good Enough

So as it turns out I go through bikes like some sort of "bike pimp" (at least thats what Adam calls me) and I have wrangled myself another beast. This time I have moved around some resources and picked up an unlikely candidate...a Downhill rig. I know, I know..."where are you going to ride that" and "did you have a dumbass attack" has already been tossed my way, well...here is the deal: As fate would have it, my old man happens to live in Rapid City and Angies mom is going to soon enough be a resident of Piedmont...which will lead to us going out there at least once a month with the baby coming.

In preparation for the monster I purchased (it should be here by wednesday of next week) I bought myself a pretty group of Race Face armor and a stellar 661 full faced helmet, so this ought to be really really good....or really really bad. Oh, I almost forgot...the rig I am picking up is a 2007 Norco A-Line with a 200mm Marzocchi 888 in front and a freshly ordered 2010 Fox DHX RC4 soaking up by big ass in the back...hopefully this overkill beast of mine will be on some Leaders Park runs in the not so distant future!

4 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

Dude,

You have a problem.

I did not say it was a bad problem :)

Snakebite said...

You're doing fine. When you blog about picking up the latest Huffy, then it's time for an intervention.

DIRK said...

"bike pimp", I was thinking more like "bike slut"

I agree with SD, problem but not a bad one!

CoalesceKid said...

he he, thanks guys...I'll drop some pics here soon enough, should be here later today...minus the new rear shock and Saint parts. :(